linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] Volume/Logic group failed to start - Pacemaker
@ 2018-08-27  7:19 Jaco van Niekerk
From: Jaco van Niekerk @ 2018-08-27  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Hi

I am receiving the following error when Pacemaker tries to start the LVM volume/logical groups:

pcs resource debug-start r_lvm
Operation start for r_lvm (ocf:heartbeat:LVM) returned: 'unknown error' (1)
 >  stdout: volume_list=["centos","vg_drbd"]
 >  stderr:   WARNING: PV Tj9uTS-m5QT-10el-boNH-Yu2D-OJBe-GdscSs prefers device /dev/vg_drbd/lv_drbd because device is in dm subsystem.
 >  stderr: mkdir: cannot create directory '/run/systemd/system/resource-agents-deps.target.d': File exists
 >  stderr: INFO: Activating volume group vg_iscsi
 >  stderr: INFO: Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while... Found volume group "vg_iscsi" using metadata type lvm2 Found volume group "centos" using metadata type lvm2 Found volume group "vg_drbd" using metadata type lvm2
 >  stderr: WARNING: PV Tj9uTS-m5QT-10el-boNH-Yu2D-OJBe-GdscSs prefers device /dev/vg_drbd/lv_drbd because device is in dm subsystem. device-mapper: reload ioctl on (253:3) failed: Device or resource busy 0 logical volume(s) in volume group "vg_iscsi" now active

Regards

--

Jaco van Niekerk

Office:   011 608 2663  E-mail:  jaco@desktop.co.za
[Desktop]
accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2010
www.codetwo.com<http://www.codetwo.com/?sts=1048>

[-- Attachment #2: Signature.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 17343 bytes --]

* Re: [linux-lvm] Volume/Logic group failed to start - Pacemaker
@ 2018-08-27  8:33 ` Jaco van Niekerk
From: Jaco van Niekerk @ 2018-08-27  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Hi

Same thing happens when I try and start the volume group:

vgchange -a y vg_iscsi -v
  WARNING: PV Tj9uTS-m5QT-10el-boNH-Yu2D-OJBe-GdscSs on /dev/vg_drbd/lv_drbd was already found on /dev/drbd0.
  WARNING: PV Tj9uTS-m5QT-10el-boNH-Yu2D-OJBe-GdscSs prefers device /dev/vg_drbd/lv_drbd because device is in dm subsystem.
    Activating logical volume vg_iscsi/lv_iscsi_lun0.
    activation/volume_list configuration setting not defined: Checking only host tags for vg_iscsi/lv_iscsi_lun0.
    Creating vg_iscsi-lv_iscsi_lun0
  device-mapper: reload ioctl on  (253:3) failed: Device or resource busy
    Removing vg_iscsi-lv_iscsi_lun0 (253:3)
    Activated 0 logical volumes in volume group vg_iscsi

@ 2018-08-31 12:32   ` Jaco van Niekerk
From: Jaco van Niekerk @ 2018-08-31 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zdenek Kabelac, LVM general discussion and development

Hi

I had USB drives part of Volume Group and on reboot they changed location, also my DRDB drives UUID changed. Suspect the USB and DRBD drive UUID change caused the VG to not allow it to be started.

Regard

On 31/08/2018 12:45, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:

Dne 27.8.2018 v 12:25 Jaco van Niekerk napsal(a):

Hi

I am receiving the following error when Pacemaker tries to start the LVM
volume/logical groups:

pcs resource debug-start r_lvm
Operation start for r_lvm (ocf:heartbeat:LVM) returned: 'unknown error' (1)
  >  stdout: volume_list=["centos","vg_drbd"]
  >  stderr:   WARNING: PV Tj9uTS-m5QT-10el-boNH-Yu2D-OJBe-GdscSs prefers
device /dev/vg_drbd/lv_drbd because device is in dm subsystem.
  >  stderr: mkdir: cannot create directory
'/run/systemd/system/resource-agents-deps.target.d': File exists
  >  stderr: INFO: Activating volume group vg_iscsi
  >  stderr: INFO: Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
Found volume group "vg_iscsi" using metadata type lvm2 Found volume group
"centos" using metadata type lvm2 Found volume group "vg_drbd" using metadata
type lvm2
  >  stderr: WARNING: PV Tj9uTS-m5QT-10el-boNH-Yu2D-OJBe-GdscSs prefers device
/dev/vg_drbd/lv_drbd because device is in dm subsystem. device-mapper: reload
ioctl on (253:3) failed: Device or resource busy 0 logical volume(s) in volume
group "vg_iscsi" now active

vgchange -a y vg_iscsi -v
   WARNING: PV Tj9uTS-m5QT-10el-boNH-Yu2D-OJBe-GdscSs on /dev/vg_drbd/lv_drbd
was already found on /dev/drbd0.
   WARNING: PV Tj9uTS-m5QT-10el-boNH-Yu2D-OJBe-GdscSs prefers device
/dev/vg_drbd/lv_drbd because device is in dm subsystem.
     Activating logical volume vg_iscsi/lv_iscsi_lun0.
     activation/volume_list configuration setting not defined: Checking only
host tags for vg_iscsi/lv_iscsi_lun0.
     Creating vg_iscsi-lv_iscsi_lun0
   device-mapper: reload ioctl on  (253:3) failed: Device or resource busy
     Removing vg_iscsi-lv_iscsi_lun0 (253:3)
     Activated 0 logical volumes in volume group vg_iscsi
   0 logical volume(s) in volume group "vg_iscsi" now active

I can't find any were, were the this resource is being used?

Hi

Your question does look a bit confusing to me - since it's not really clear to
me what kind of problem you want to solve.

lvm2 tool is reporting to you that you do have problem with seeing duplicated
devices on your system  (1 PV is visible on multiple different devices -
/dev/drbd0  and  /dev/vg_drbd/lv_drbd   have same signature.

You should probably solve this by setting correct lvm.conf filter - I'd
suggest to set devices you want to 'accept' as PVs  first and reject
everything else (see doc around this setting in lvm.conf file - should be easy
to read and follow).

Then you have there another error reported from DM kernel subsystem - my best
guess is that you already do have a device with same name but different UUID
already active and you get a failure when lvm2 tries to create a same device
with different UUID - but that only my best guess from this short report.

I'd suggest to attach  '-vvvv' trace of failing command and
'dmsetup table'  & 'dmsetup status'  & 'dmsetup info -c'  output listed
if you still have the same problem.

Last but not least - eventually try with clear DM table setting (after reboot).

Regards

Zdenek

@ 2018-08-31 10:44 ` Zdenek Kabelac
From: Zdenek Kabelac @ 2018-08-31 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)