linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
From: Roger Heflin <rogerheflin@gmail.com>
To: LVM general discussion and development <linux-lvm@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] Issue after upgrading the LVM2 package from 2.02.176 to 2.02.180
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 09:58:45 -0500	[thread overview]

In general I would suggest fully disabling lvmetad from the config
files and from being started up.

Issues around it not answering (like above) and answering but somehow
having stale/wrong info have burned me too many times to trust it.  It
may be a lvmetad bug, or be udevd weirdness.

The only significant improvement it makes is it reduces the lvm
command time on installs with significant numbers of devices, but
given that the info has been wrong often enough that is not worth the
risk.