linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
From: Oleksandr Panchuk <panolex@gmail.com>
To: linux-lvm@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] Prepend LV
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 14:02:06 +0300	[thread overview]

Daniel,

Thanks for fast reply. But I looks like lvextend appends space after LV.

And after running lvextend we will get following:

[25GB LV] + [20 GB free space]

free space added after original LV.

But we need to prepend free space before original LV:

[20 GB free space] + [25GB LV]

free space added before original LV.

Thanks,
Alex