Thanks Roger, Zdenek, I have my ZVOL on my NAS exposed as LUNs. The initiator were switched off and for unknown reason I found my NAS switched off as well. It had run for long and I feared the worst (CPU/motherboard/etc). Instead once powered up everything started to work again but the LUNs that seemed to jeopardized. I have many ZVOLs used by ESXi in which I have EVE-NG who uses LVM and such ZVOLs have the same size so I wanted to inspect them to check the hostname. Now some LUNs started to work normally, some others still behave weirdly. I will run pvs on them with extra debugs to see what's going on. Many thanks, Alex Le jeu. 23 sept. 2021 à 23:48, Roger Heflin a écrit : > If you have lvmetad running and in use then the lvm commands ask it > what the system has on it. > > I have seen on random boots fairly separated systems (rhel7 versions, > and many years newer fedora systems) at random fail to find one or > more pv.s > > I have disabled it at home, and in my day job we have also disabled > (across 20k+ systems) as we confirmed it had inconsistency issues > several times on a variety of our newest installs. > > Stopping lvmetad and/or restarting it would generally fix it. But > it was a source of enough random issues(often failure to mount on a > boot, so often issues that resulted in page-outs to debug) and did > not speed things up much enough to be worth it even on devices with > >2000 SAN volumes. > > On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 8:52 AM Zdenek Kabelac > wrote: > > > > Dne 22. 09. 21 v 18:48 alessandro macuz napsal(a): > > > fdisk correctly identifies the extended partition as 8e. > > > I wonder which kind of data lvmdiskscan and pvs use in order to list > LVM > > > physical volumes. > > > Does PVS check some specific metadata within the partition without just > > > relying on the type of partition displayed by fdisk? > > > > > > > > > > Hi > > > > Yes - PVs do have header signature keeping information about PV > attributes > > and also has the storage area to keep lvm2 metadata. > > > > Partition flags known to fdisk are irrelevant. > > > > > > Regards > > > > Zdenek > > > > _______________________________________________ > > linux-lvm mailing list > > linux-lvm@redhat.com > > https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-lvm > > read the LVM HOW-TO at http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/ > > >