linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
From: Marcin Owsiany <marcin@owsiany.pl>
To: linux-lvm@redhat.com
Subject: [linux-lvm] Where are the data blocks of an LV?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 19:30:53 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

I know that it is possible to find where a given logical volume's extents
start on a PVs thanks to the information printed by lvdisplay --maps.

I was also able to experimentally establish that the actual data of an LV
starts one megabyte after that location. Is that offset documented
anywhere, or can I somehow discover it at runtime for a given LV?

regards,
Marcin