On Sun, 29 Nov 2020, 6:23 pm Gionatan Danti, wrote: > Il 2020-11-29 01:18 Chris Murphy ha scritto: > > What about a swapfile (on ext4 or XFS) onr a thin volume? In this > > case, I'd expect fallocate would set the LE to PE mapping, and it > > should work. But does it work for both paging and hibernation files? > > If things did not change, fallocate does *not* allocate PE space (ie: > they are not passed down to the underlying thin pool). > > Moreover, I expect for a memory-starved machine to page out pool > metadata (right?) so I would not use a thin volume for swap. > > Regards. > What about a swap file allocated with dd?? > >