linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] Trouble with balancing physical volumes with pvmove
@ 2022-12-22 17:00 Robert Osowiecki
From: Robert Osowiecki @ 2022-12-22 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Dear LVM list,

I had several PV's with mainly raid10 volumes. When one of them failed, I
was able to recover with lvconvert --repair.

After failed PV was replaced, it left me with a couple of filled up almost
to 100% PV's and one 100% free. I'd like to create more raid10 volumes, but
I'm unable to free any space...

The following command (extents range cover one of rimage_N volumes) was
only successful for one "meta" and one "rimage_0", but in all other cases
fails like:

[root@chimera ~]# pvmove /dev/sdg:0-15359 /dev/sdh
  Insufficient free space: 15360 extents needed, but only 0 available
  Unable to allocate mirror extents for vgkvm/pvmove0.
  Failed to convert pvmove LV to mirrored.

Why? There's certainly lots of free space on /dev/sdh, it's almost free!

I don't want to be forced to use only linear volumes from now... please
help!