linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
From: Gang He <GHe@suse.com>
To: "linux-lvm@redhat.com" <linux-lvm@redhat.com>
Subject: [linux-lvm] About online pvmove/lvresize on shared VG
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 03:55:55 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello List,

I use lvm2-2.03.05, I am looking at online pvmove/lvresize on shared VG, since there are some problems in old code.
Now, I setup three node cluster, and one shared VG/LV, and a cluster file system on top of LV.
e.g.
primitive ocfs2-2 Filesystem \
params device="/dev/vg1/lv1" directory="/mnt/ocfs2" fstype=ocfs2 options=acl \
op monitor interval=20 timeout=40
primitive vg1 LVM-activate \
params vgname=vg1 vg_access_mode=lvmlockd activation_mode=shared \
op start timeout=90s interval=0 \
op stop timeout=90s interval=0 \
op monitor interval=30s timeout=90s \
meta target-role=Started
group base-group dlm lvmlockd vg1 ocfs2-2

Now, I can do online LV extend from one node (good),
but I cannot do online LV reduce from one node,
the workaround is to switch VG activation_mode to exclusive, run lvreduce command on the node where VG is activated.
Does this behaviour is by-design? or a bug?

For pvmove command, I cannot do online pvmove from one node,
The workaround is to switch VG activation_mode to exclusive, run pvmove command on the node where VG is activated.
Does this behaviour is by-design? do we do some enhancements in the furture?
or any workaround to run pvmove under shared  activation_mode? e.g. --lockopt option can help this situation?

Thanks a lot.
Gang