linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] VFS mounting root.
@ 1999-10-12 16:36 theodore russell wickell
From: theodore russell wickell @ 1999-10-12 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Hi,

I just wanted to post the entire message I get when I boot my 2.2.12
Kernel with LVM patch patch-2.2.11-LVM with LVM compiled as a module.

request_module[block-major-8]: Root fs not mounted
VFS: Cannot open root device 08:01

My /dev/sda1 is major number 8 minor 1. I have not set the partition id or
done any lvm commands since I thought I had to be rebooted with the lvm
module loaded. Does anyone know why I am having this problem? I can try to
answer any questions if I'm being vague.

Thanks,
Rusty

Rusty Wickell					200 S. Jordan Ave.
Digital Library Sytem Administrator		Simon 060
Indiana University				Bloomington IN
812-856-5174					47405

* Re: [linux-lvm] VFS mounting root.
@ 1999-10-13 19:15 ` Harald Milz
From: Harald Milz @ 1999-10-13 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

theodore russell wickell <twickell@indiana.edu> wrote:
> request_module[block-major-8]: Root fs not mounted
> VFS: Cannot open root device 08:01

Are you sure you compiled sd support into the kernel?

--
In America today ... we have Woody Allen, whose humor has become so
sophisticated that nobody gets it any more except Mia Farrow.  All