On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 09:27:56PM +0100, Gionatan Danti wrote: > Il 2022-01-30 18:43 Zdenek Kabelac ha scritto: > > Chain filesystem->block_layer->filesystem->block_layer is something > > you most likely do not want to use for any well performing solution... > > But it's ok for testing... > > I second that. > > Demi Marie - just a question: are you sure do you really needs a block > device? I don't know QubeOS, but both KVM and Xen can use files as virtual > disks. This would enable you to ignore loopback mounts. On Xen, the paravirtualised block backend driver (blkback) requires a block device, so file-based virtual disks are implemented with a loop device managed by the toolstack. Suggestions for improving this less-than-satisfactory situation are welcome. -- Sincerely, Demi Marie Obenour (she/her/hers) Invisible Things Lab