linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm]  Power loss consistency for RAID
@ 2019-03-17 15:05 Zheng Lv
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Zheng Lv @ 2019-03-17 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Dear all,

I'm recently considering using software RAID instead of hardware
controllers for my home server.

AFAIK, write operation on a RAID array is not atomic across disks. I'm
concerned that what happens to RAID1/5/6/10 LVs after power loss.

Is manual recovery required, or is it automatically checked and repaired
on LV activation?

Also I'm curious about how such recovery works internally.

Many thanks,
Zheng Lv