On Tue, 15 Sep 2020, Tomas Dalebjörk wrote: > ok, lets say that I have 10 LV on a server, and want create a thin lv > snapshot every hour and keep that for 30 days that would be 24h * > 30days * 10lv = 720 lv > if I want to keep snapshot copies from more nodes, to serve a single > repository of snapshot copies, than these would easily become several > hundred thousands of lv > not sure if this is a good idea, but I guess it can be very useful in > some sense as block level incremental forever and instant recovery can > be implemented for open sourced based applications > > what reflections do you have on this idea? My feeling is that btrfs is a better solution for the hourly snapshots. (Unless you are testing a filesystem :-) I find "classic" LVs a robust replacement for partitions that are easily resized without moving data around. I would be more likely to try RAID features on classic LVs than thin LVs.