Hi, On 10/13/2017 06:40 PM, Indivar Nair wrote: > Thanks Eric, > > I want to keep a single VG so that I can get the bandwidth (LVM > Striping) of all the disks (PVs) >   PLUS > the flexibility to adjust the space allocation between both LVs. Each > LV will be used by  different departments. With 1 LV on different > hosts, I can distribute the Network Bandwidth too. > I would also like to take snapshots of each LV before backing up. > > I have been reading more about CLVM+Pacemaker options. > I can see that it is possible to have the same VG activated on > multiple hosts for a GFSv2 filesystem. > In which case, it is the same PVs, VG and LV getting activated on all > hosts. OK! It sounds reasonable. > > In my case, we will have the same PVs and VG activated on both hosts, > but LV1 on Host01 and LV2 on Host02. I paln to use ext4 or XFS > filesystems. > > Is there some possibility that it would work? As said in the last mail, the new resource agent [4] will probably work for you, but I didn't test this case yet. It's easy to have a try - the RA is just shell script, you can just copy LVM-activate to /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/ (assume you've installed resource-agents package), and then configure "clvm + LVM-activate" for pacemaker [5]. Please report back if it doesn't work for you. The LVM-activate RA is WIP. We are thinking if we should merge it into the old LVM RA. So it may changes at any time. [5] https://www.suse.com/documentation/sle-ha-12/book_sleha/data/sec_ha_clvm_config.html > > > > [1] > https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/clvm > > [2] > https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/LVM > > [3] > https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2017-January/msg00025.html > > [4] https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/pull/1040 > \ > Eric