On 01/02/2018 03:03 AM, Marian Csontos wrote: > Filters accept any device if any of it's "names" (all symbolic links) > is matched by an a pattern ("a|.*/|" in your case) and matches no > previous r pattern I don't follow you.  The name being processed in that log *does* match a previous r pattern. > for example anything in /dev/mapper/ is accepted. Yes, I'd considered that might be an issue, but that's not the block device name that the logs indicate is being used.  A path that I've specifically rejected is being processed.  If a second path to the block device might be processed, then I can see the need to make additional changes, but I can't solve that problem without understanding the basic logic of the filter system. The documentation in lvm.conf says "The first regex in the list to match the path is used, producing the 'a' or 'r' result for the device." but that doesn't seem to be correct.