linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
From: Gionatan Danti <g.danti@assyoma.it>
To: linux-lvm@redhat.com
Subject: [linux-lvm] bcache as a new i/o layer?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 10:35:08 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi list,
in BZ 1643651 I read:

"In 7.6 (and 8.0), lvm began using a new i/o layer (bcache)
to read and write data blocks."

Last time I checked, bcache was a completely different caching layer,
unrelated from LVM. The above quote, instead, implies that bcache is now
actively used by LVM.

Am I missing something? Can you explain how they interact/behave?
Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico