linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] Question on mixing technologies
@ 2017-05-12 16:21 Georges Giralt
From: Georges Giralt @ 2017-05-12 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LVM general discussion and development

Hello guys,

I've an Ubuntu machine with two SATA mechanical drives on software raid 1.

This md is the sole PV of the LVM installation.

As the mainboard has been changed recently, it has an M.2 plug. And I'm
been offered a 128 GB M.2 NGFF card.

So far so good.

Question : Will I gain something adding the M.2 card as a second PV on
my LVM setup and moving the system LV to it ?

What are your experience on the subject ?

Many thanks in advance for your advice !

--
"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him.
An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest"

Benjamin Franklin.