linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] Volume Group Creation
@ 1999-05-14 18:27 SHAD GUNDERSON
From: SHAD GUNDERSON @ 1999-05-14 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

I have successfully patched and compiled the lvm code and kernel.... and I am able to create the physical volumes using "pvcreate /dev/sdb[12]". However, the next step in the documention is where I run into problems... upon execution of the "vgcreate test_vg /dev/sdb[12]" I receive an error that no physical volumes exist.  Am I missing something. I have changed the system ids on the partitions. I am running kernel 2.2.8 with lvm 0.6 and the devfs patch for May 3rd.

Thanks,
shad