On Thu, 30 Sep 2021, Laurent Vivier wrote: > Le 30/09/2021 à 22:56, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz a écrit : > > > > On 4/28/21 14:15, Laurent Vivier wrote: > >>> I have tested and reviewed your patch, great work! > >>> I'm confident this can make v5.14, with the small nits fixed. > >> > >> Thank you for your review. > >> > >> I will answer to some of your comments and update accordingly my patch. > > > > It looks like this patch somehow fell off the table, didn't it? > > > > I was hoping to be able to build a virt kernel for Debian/m68k by default > > in the near future. > > Yes, I started to update my work according to the comments from Geert but didn't have time to finish. > > Especially I tried to remove the LEGACY_TIMER_TICK, but it doesn't work, There was an RFC patch from Arnd to convert the mac platform from LEGACY_TIMER_TICK to GENERIC_CLOCKEVENTS: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-m68k/20201008154651.1901126-14-arnd@arndb.de/ Arnd used a periodic clockevent device. I have a developmental branch based on that patch. Alternatively, I have a branch that implements a oneshot clockevent device. This delivers GENERIC_CLOCKEVENTS and NO_HZ. For this I used VIA 1 timer 1 in free-running mode for the clocksource and VIA 1 timer 2 in one-shot mode for the clockevent device. (But this does require some QEMU improvements because there's no oneshot-mode in mos6522.c in mainline QEMU.) Anyway, it can be done. If you want to pursue it, perhaps we can collaborate. > and as it has been tested like this by you and most of the other m68k > targets uses it I think I will let the patch with it. > > I'm going to update my patch to have a v2, at least to have fresh > reviews. > > Thanks, > Laurent >