linux-m68k.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* rubric to the m68k rng seed rework
@ 2022-09-23 17:11 Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2022-09-23 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Vivier, Geert Uytterhoeven; +Cc: linux-m68k

Hey Geert & Laurent,

I just sent a flurry of commits, which might be confusing. Here's the map:

v3 of my reboot set now has the BI_VIRT_RNG_SEED->BI_RNG_SEED change
in it as patch 3 of 3:
- https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220923170340.4099226-1-Jason@zx2c4.com/
- https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220923170340.4099226-2-Jason@zx2c4.com/
- https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220923170340.4099226-3-Jason@zx2c4.com/

v2 of my kexec-tools patch now uses BI_RNG_SEED:
- https://lore.kernel.org/kexec/20220923164152.4079868-1-Jason@zx2c4.com/
(This needs to be compile tested.)

And now there's a qemu patch to make it work over there:
- https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/20220923170637.4099736-1-Jason@zx2c4.com/
I've verified this works well.

Hope this helps explain your current inbox. Please commit these!

Thanks,
Jason

* Re: rubric to the m68k rng seed rework
@ 2022-09-26 11:46 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2022-09-26 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Vivier, Geert Uytterhoeven; +Cc: linux-m68k

Hey again,

New patches posted, so updating this map.

v4 of the kernel side:
- https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220926113754.1256358-1-Jason@zx2c4.com/
- https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220926113754.1256358-2-Jason@zx2c4.com/
- https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220926113754.1256358-3-Jason@zx2c4.com/

v2 of kexec-tools remains the same:
- https://lore.kernel.org/kexec/20220923164152.4079868-1-Jason@zx2c4.com/

v2 of qemu is now a two parter:
- https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/20220926113900.1256630-1-Jason@zx2c4.com/
- https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/20220926113900.1256630-2-Jason@zx2c4.com/

Thanks,
Jason

[PS: As I write this, Greg KH is in the midst of patchbombing vger, so
lore might take a little bit to get those messages. If it says not
found, refresh.]

* Re: rubric to the m68k rng seed rework
@ 2022-09-27 13:11   ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2022-09-27 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Vivier, Geert Uytterhoeven; +Cc: linux-m68k

Hey again,

Here's the current status:

v5 of the kernel side is the same as v4, but without the last patch:
- https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220927130835.1629806-1-Jason@zx2c4.com/
- https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220927130835.1629806-2-Jason@zx2c4.com/

v2 of kexec-tools remains the same:
- https://lore.kernel.org/kexec/20220923164152.4079868-1-Jason@zx2c4.com/

v2 of qemu remains the same, but 1/2 has already been taken by
Laurent, so excluding from list:
- https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/20220926113900.1256630-2-Jason@zx2c4.com/

Laurent is waiting on Geert to merge the kernel part before he merges
the QEMU part. And I assume the same is so for kexec-tools. So Geert -
next step is yours.

@ 2022-09-27 13:12     ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2022-09-27 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Vivier, Geert Uytterhoeven; +Cc: linux-m68k

Hey again,

Here's the current status:

v5 of the kernel side is the same as v4, but without the last patch:
- https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220927130835.1629806-1-Jason@zx2c4.com/
- https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220927130835.1629806-2-Jason@zx2c4.com/

v2 of kexec-tools remains the same:
- https://lore.kernel.org/kexec/20220923164152.4079868-1-Jason@zx2c4.com/

v2 of qemu remains the same, but 2/2 has already been taken by