Linux-m68k Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Finn Thain <fthain@telegraphics.com.au>
To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Cc: Arno Griffioen <arno@ancienthardware.org>,
	linux-m68k@lists.linux-m68k.org
Subject: Linux-mac68k Conversion from CVS to Git
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 11:38:15 +1100 (AEDT)

Hi All,

I've finally converted the old CVS repository to Git, two years after
sourceforge made their CVS services read-only. [1]

This means the web tree for the mac.linux-m68k.org website can be safely
updated once again.

I think it would be a good idea to move the old CVS repo to the FTP
archive [2]. Keeping both CVS and Git repos on sourceforge is undesirable
because,

1) it's not obvious which repo is authoritative

2) the Penguin-18 source in CVS is incomplete and has only one commit

3) the Linux source in CVS is a mess of branches and tags that is much
   more confusing than the Git conversion, which has been tidied up.

Please post any questions/comments that you may have about this.

[1]
https://sourceforge.net/p/linux-mac68k/news/2019/11/conversion-from-cvs-to-git/

[2]
http://ftp.mac.linux-m68k.org/