At 2019-05-17T17:44:41+0200, Florian Weimer wrote: > I'm pretty sure Debian 10 does not use glibc 2.28. No, and for that matter I can't be sure that the next release of glibc will be numbered 2.30. :) > My point is that the glibc change will get backported, but any > man-pages change will not, so it will be quite some time until the > latter shows up on developer workstations. And due to glibc > backporting, the version information there will be misleading. Backports and distributor patches are a fact of life in the present ecosystem, but an upstream version still communicates valuable information. My opinion. What would you prefer? That the man page not document the bug at all? Was it a mistake in your view to have added the information about the bug to the man page in the first place? Regards, Branden