Hello Michael, On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 12:26:41PM +0200, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote: > I am torn between saying thank you for all the effort you > clearly made and saying PLEASE DON'T DO THIS! Ok. > Submitting one hundred plus bug reports at the same time > is _very_ burdensome for an upstream maintainer. Honestly, > if it had not been for lockdown, I might simply have ignored > the whole series of mails. That would have been a pitty. I would have assumed that you process them at your convenience, i.e. each when you have time. > In the future, please do not wait for huge backlog to build up > before sending me reports. (10 reports at a time is fine; 100, > not so much.) Well, in the past (i.e. 10 years) we (german) translators always said "we should report this". But "we" always amounted to no one doing it. We were only recording issues found. So I finally decided to proceed. Since you are our biggest upstream, I started with your pages. Intially I would have made one big bug report, but I understood this is not requested from your side. Since it was mostly script based (and I was working on the scripts while preparing) they came in all at once. I could have added a throttle, like 10 / day, of course. I'm still learning the process(es), so the next upstream might get a better experience and I apologize for all the glitches I made. Anyhow, I hope to report more frequent (and with much lower numbers) in the future. > In any case, thank you very much for your many reports. Thanks from my side that you accepted and processed them. Greetings Helge -- Dr. Helge Kreutzmann debian@helgefjell.de Dipl.-Phys. http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php 64bit GNU powered gpg signed mail preferred Help keep free software "libre": http://www.ffii.de/