Hello Michael, On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 10:18:41AM +0200, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote: > I need more explanation of all of the remaining: Sorry, missed this one. > > -- > > Markup "linuxrc" > > > > "It is also possible for the I executable to change the normal root " > > "device. For I to change the normal root device, I must be " > > "mounted. After mounting I, I changes the normal root " > > "device by writing into the proc files I, I > "proc/sys/kernel/nfs-root-name>, and I. For " > > "a physical root device, the root device is changed by having I " > > "write the new root filesystem device number into I > "root-dev>. For an NFS root filesystem, the root device is changed by having " > > "I write the NFS setting into files I > "name> and I and then writing 0xff (e.g., " > > "the pseudo-NFS-device number) into file I. " > > "For example, the following shell command line would change the normal root " > > "device to I:" > > -- > > Markup "linuxrc" > > > > "The main motivation for implementing B was to allow for modular " > > "kernel configuration at system installation." > > -- > > Markup "linuxrc" > > > > "The executable I loads the necessary modules from the initial root " > > "filesystem." > > -- > > Markup "initrd" > > > > "Last but not least, Linux distributions on CD-ROM may use B for easy " > > "installation from the CD-ROM. The distribution can use B to " > > "directly load I from CD-ROM without the need of any floppies. " > > "The distribution could also use a B boot floppy and then bootstrap a " > > "bigger RAM disk via I from the CD-ROM." I cannot reproduce what the translator wanted to point out here. Sorry. Please close. Greetings Helge -- Dr. Helge Kreutzmann debian@helgefjell.de Dipl.-Phys. http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php 64bit GNU powered gpg signed mail preferred Help keep free software "libre": http://www.ffii.de/