At 2020-07-23T17:53:33-0400, Mike Frysinger wrote: > From: Mike Frysinger > > A bunch of pages have this random comment at the start of its header, > but most do not. Just trim it everywhere. It's pretty misleading to call it "random"; it is a hint to the man program to preprocess the man page text through tbl. This is documented in subsection "Interaction with preprocessors" of groff_man(5). The patch itself might be fine; the first couple of pages it alters indeed use no tables, according to the check I ran: grep -l '^\.\s*TS' man[1-8]/* ...but the comment is certainly not meaningless noise, which is what "random" suggests, and I would not characterize the change this in a commit message. Regards, Branden