Hi, Alex! At 2021-07-31T13:42:08+0200, Alejandro Colomar (man-pages) wrote: > On 7/31/21 5:45 AM, G. Branden Robinson wrote: > > * Advise usage of \~ escape instead of \SPACE; the former, a groff > > extension from circa 1990, has been supported by Heirloom > > Doctools troff since 2005 and by mandoc since 2019. The > > advantage is that \~ is an _adjustable_ non-breaking space, so it > > will typeset non-jarringly both in .EX/.EE examples when filling > > is off, and in normal running text (which is filled). > > Thanks for the patch! You're welcome! I've found no use cases for "\ " in man pages. \~ is almost always what is desired. > > * Say "non-breaking" instead of "nonbreaking". These are the only > > occurrences of either in the man-pages tree, except in > > Changes.old, which uses "non-breaking". > > I'll do as usual and copy here an extract from man-pages(7) :) : > > Hyphenation with multi, non, pre, re, sub, and so on Ahhh, ha. Yes. This is an impedance mismatch between the house styles of the Linux man-pages and groff, at least as applied specifically to the word "non-?breaking", which sees frequent use in discussions of typesetting. > BTW, this one also doesn't apply. I think it is probably your mailer. > Can you use git-send-email(1)? Apparently not. :( $ git send-email git: 'send-email' is not a git command. See 'git --help'. $ git --help -a | grep send imap-send Send a collection of patches from stdin to an IMAP folder send-email Send a collection of patches as emails send-pack Push objects over Git protocol to another repository I did a web search and did not find any reports that NeoMutt does violence to Git-formatted patches. Perhaps it is GMail's fault? (I use its SMPTS server to send mail.) Does someone on this list have experience with this MUA and/or provider? Is there a trick? This would explain my Michael despaired of my patch submissions even when I kept their scopes under control. Regards, Branden