Thanks, Alex! I have reached out to The Open Group via some contact form on their website; let's see if I'll get a reply from them. On Wednesday, 28 September 2022 15:56:29 CEST Alejandro Colomar wrote: > The person who could clarify this certainly is Michael Kerrisk. I'm not > sure if he will have the time to read this, though. > > I'm sorry I have no idea. POSIX is too closed for my taste. I tried > contacting them a long time ago regarding this, and I received no > answer, and their website is a labyrinth to me. > > I encourage you to try to contact them with this problem, and ask that > they clarify it, and if possible, that they publish the source code > (hopefully the roff(7), not HTML) with whatever license they wish, so > that I can pick it easily. I'm worried that if they don't do, I won't > be able to provide manual pages for the next revision of POSIX, if they > don't. Hmm, that's a rather unsatisfying overall situation indeed. The description in https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/docs/man-pages/man-pages-posix.git/tree/README is also vague on the details of how and where exactly to obtain the troff sources. I'd really like to get back to a state where I can successfully type `man pthread_cond_wait` into a terminal on Fedora. Best, Christoph