Linux-man Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Clarify in fcntl(2) whether using F_SETFL, F_GETLK, F_SETLK, and F_SETLKW on shared memory should behave the same as for a normal file
@ 2020-06-22 14:40 Luiz Henrique Laurini
From: Luiz Henrique Laurini @ 2020-06-22 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-man

This is my first time posting to any mailing list, so I apologize for
any mistakes.

The fcntl(3p) says:
When the file descriptor fildes refers to a shared memory object, the
behavior of fcntl() shall be the same as for a regular file except the
effect of the following values for the argument cmd shall  be
unspecified:  F_SETFL, F_GETLK, F_SETLK, and F_SETLKW.

However, fcntl(2) says nothing about that. I think it should clarify
whether or not using these values with shared memory objects is
expected to work the same as with regular files.

only message in thread, back to index