linux-man.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Error in the nsenter.1 page
@ 2020-04-19 22:47 Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
From: Jean-Philippe MENGUAL @ 2020-04-19 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mtk.manpages; +Cc: linux-man

Hi,

Sorry for not producing a patch but I dont understand the syntax in the
file. Here is the problematic string:
Children will have a set of PID to process mappings separate from the
.B nsenter
process
For further details, see
.BR pid_namespaces (7)
and
the discussion of the
.B CLONE_NEWPID
flag in
.B nsenter
will fork by default if changing the PID namespace, so that the new program
and its children share the same PID namespace and are visible to each other.
If \fB\-\-no\-fork\fP is used, the new program will be exec'ed without
forking.

I think it is buggy. The "For further details, see..." seems at the
middle of two sentences explaining the same thing, should be moved at
the end of the paragraph I guess. I think I will try reordering the
sentences in the translation to avoid keeping a fuzzy until the next
release, but the translation will then be different from the English string.

Thanks for your feedback

Regards

--
Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
Debian Developer non uploading

* Re: Error in the nsenter.1 page
@ 2020-04-20  8:37 ` Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
From: Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) @ 2020-04-20  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Philippe MENGUAL; +Cc: linux-man

Hello Jean-Philippe

Bugs in that page need to be reported eolsewhere.

See http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man1/nsenter.1.html#COLOPHON

Thanks,

Michael