Hi Mickaël, On 4/18/23 22:50, Mickaël Salaün wrote: > Indeed, ENOTSUPP is a kernel error type, only EOPNOTSUPP should be used > to return error to user space. ENOTSUPP is not used by the kernel, it is > only defined by the libc: > > # ifndef ENOTSUP > # define ENOTSUP EOPNOTSUPP > # endif > > [...] > > ENOTSUP doesn't exist in the kernel source, so it is legitimate that > Landlock and any other kernel interfaces use EOPNOTSUPP. ENOTSUP should > then not replace EOPNOTSUPP for Landlock nor any other kernel interfaces. That sounds reasonable. It's a bit confusing that many man pages document ENOTSUP (user-space). I'll take this into account for when I see some patch that touches one of those ENOTSUPs, and ask why, and maybe remove them all in favor of EOPNOTSUPP. Thanks, Alex -- GPG key fingerprint: A9348594CE31283A826FBDD8D57633D441E25BB5