* Re: [linux-uvc-devel] PAN+TILT for Logitech BCC950 ConferenceCam
       [not found] <65F49C97-C200-4BB1-A051-064575B9B729@gmail.com>
@ 2019-06-18 11:05 ` Kieran Bingham
From: Kieran Bingham @ 2019-06-18 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Andrej,

On 17/06/2019 12:33, Andrej Pashnin wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> I would like to control (pan-tilt-zoom) the following conference camera:
>> Bus 001 Device 005: ID 046d:0837 Logitech, Inc. BCC950 ConferenceCam
> It's a PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera and I can control all 3 parameters
> with a remote control device.
>
> However, using the *v4l2-ctr* utility I can only change the ZOOM
> parameter. It doesn't contain neither PAN nor TILT in the list of
> controllable parameters.
>
> *Question #1. *
> Why?

Could you list the controls that are provided please?

I.e. the output of :
	v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 -l

(where /dev/video0 is your device, and updated if necessary)

> *Question #2.*
> Is it possible to add this options to the driver? I don't mind writing
> some linux kernel module if necessary. I just don't know where I should
> start.

It depends on how the camera exposes the controls. They could be custom
properties or non-standard controls from the camera which the windows
driver knows about specifically?

> I also know that it can be controlled programmatically with DirectShow
> under Windows.
>

> Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrey

Regards
--
Kieran

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-06-18 11:05 UTC | newest]