Hi! > Thanks for the review. > > On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 02:38:54PM -0600, Rob Herring wrote: > > On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 07:30:36PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote: > > > From: Sakari Ailus > > > > > > In the vast majority of cases the bus type is known to the driver(s) > > > since a receiver or transmitter can only support a single one. There > > > are cases however where different options are possible. > > > > What cases specifically? > > The existing V4L2 OF support tries to figure out the bus type and parse the > bus parameters based on that. This does not scale too well as there are > multiple serial busses that share common properties. > > Some hardware also supports multiple types of busses on the same interfaces. Ok, I'll include that in the changelog. > > As in MIPI CSI2? > > Yeah, I guess it'd make sense to make this explicit. Ok. > > > should be the combined length of data-lanes and clock-lanes properties. > > > - If the lane-polarities property is omitted, the value must be interpreted > > > - as 0 (normal). This property is valid for serial busses only. > > > > Why is this removed? > > Must have been by mistake. :-) Fixed. > > > - > > > +- clock-inv: Clock or strobe signal inversion. > > > + Possible values: 0 -- not inverted; 1 -- inverted > > > > "invert" assumes I know what is normal and I do not. Define what is > > "normal" and name the property the opposite of that. If normal is data > > shifted on clock rising edge, then call the the property > > "clock-shift-falling-edge" for example.. > > The hardware documentation says this is the "strobe/clock inversion control > signal". I'm not entirely sure whether this is just signal polarity (it's a > differential signal) or inversion of an internal signal of the CCP2 block. > > It might make sense to make this a private property for the OMAP 3 ISP > instead. If it's seen elsewhere, then think about it again. I doubt it > would, as CCP2 is an old bus that's used on Nokia N9, N950 and N900. > > As strobe is included, I'd add that to the name. Say, > "ti,clock-strobe-inv". Hmm. N900 does not use inversion. Would it make sense to simply hardcode it to "not-inverted" for now? Device tree changes are PITA :-(. Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html