On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 02:52:44PM -0400, Nicolas Dufresne wrote: [...] > There is one thing that come up though, if we enable per-frame decoding > on top of per-slice decoder (like Cedrus), won't we force userspace to > always compute l0/l1 even though the HW might be handling that ? Shall > we instead pass the modification list and implement the non-parsing > bits of applying the modifications in the kernel ? Applying the modifications is a standard procedure, right? If it's completely driver-agnostic, it sounds to me like the right place to perform the operation is in userspace. Thierry