Linux-Media Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
@ 2019-05-13 13:32 Naresh Kamboju
  2019-05-13 13:38 ` Hans Verkuil
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Naresh Kamboju @ 2019-05-13 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media
  Cc: open list, Sami Tolvanen, paul.kocialkowski, ezequiel, treding,
	niklas.soderlund+renesas, sakari.ailus, Hans Verkuil, mchehab,
	lkft-triage, Hans Verkuil

Do you see test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
kernel branches ?

test VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT/FRAMESIZES/FRAMEINTERVALS: OK
fail: ../../../v4l-utils-1.16.0/utils/v4l2-compliance/v4l2-test-formats.cpp(1132):
reserved not zeroed
test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL

Test passes on mainline, -next, 5.0 and 4.19
Test failed on 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4

steps to reproduce:
       # boot any 4.9/4.14 kernel on x86_64 / Juno / hikey  device
       #  install v4l-utils package
       # modprobe vivid.ko no_error_inj=1
       # v4l2-compliance -v -d /dev/video0

Full test log,
https://lkft.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/708755#L1791

Test results comparison on all branches,
https://qa-reports.linaro.org/_/comparetest/?project=22&project=6&project=58&project=135&project=40&project=23&project=159&suite=v4l2-compliance&test=VIDIOC_G-S_PARM

Best Regards
Naresh Kamboju

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
  2019-05-13 13:32 test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4 Naresh Kamboju
@ 2019-05-13 13:38 ` Hans Verkuil
  2019-05-20 13:56   ` Naresh Kamboju
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2019-05-13 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Naresh Kamboju, linux-media
  Cc: open list, Sami Tolvanen, paul.kocialkowski, ezequiel, treding,
	niklas.soderlund+renesas, sakari.ailus, Hans Verkuil, mchehab,
	lkft-triage

On 5/13/19 3:32 PM, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> Do you see test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
> kernel branches ?

Probably related to commit 8a7c5594c0202 (media: v4l2-ioctl: clear fields in s_parm).

Regards,

	Hans

> 
> test VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT/FRAMESIZES/FRAMEINTERVALS: OK
> fail: ../../../v4l-utils-1.16.0/utils/v4l2-compliance/v4l2-test-formats.cpp(1132):
> reserved not zeroed
> test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL
> 
> Test passes on mainline, -next, 5.0 and 4.19
> Test failed on 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
> 
> steps to reproduce:
>        # boot any 4.9/4.14 kernel on x86_64 / Juno / hikey  device
>        #  install v4l-utils package
>        # modprobe vivid.ko no_error_inj=1
>        # v4l2-compliance -v -d /dev/video0
> 
> Full test log,
> https://lkft.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/708755#L1791
> 
> Test results comparison on all branches,
> https://qa-reports.linaro.org/_/comparetest/?project=22&project=6&project=58&project=135&project=40&project=23&project=159&suite=v4l2-compliance&test=VIDIOC_G-S_PARM
> 
> Best Regards
> Naresh Kamboju
> 


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
  2019-05-13 13:38 ` Hans Verkuil
@ 2019-05-20 13:56   ` Naresh Kamboju
  2019-05-28 10:16     ` Naresh Kamboju
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Naresh Kamboju @ 2019-05-20 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: linux-media, open list, Sami Tolvanen, paul.kocialkowski,
	ezequiel, treding, niklas.soderlund+renesas, sakari.ailus,
	Hans Verkuil, mchehab, lkft-triage

Hi Hans,

On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 19:08, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil-cisco@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> On 5/13/19 3:32 PM, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> > Do you see test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
> > kernel branches ?
>
> Probably related to commit 8a7c5594c0202 (media: v4l2-ioctl: clear fields in s_parm).

I have cherry-picked on stable rc 4.9 branch and tested and test got
PASS on x86_64.

Test output:
----------------
test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: OK
https://lkft.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/736243#L1744

log:
----
git  cherry-pick  8a7c5594c0202
warning: inexact rename detection was skipped due to too many files.
warning: you may want to set your merge.renamelimit variable to at
least 9371 and retry the command.
[linux-4.9.y 7b9dab8fe870] media: v4l2-ioctl: clear fields in s_parm
 Author: Hans Verkuil <hans.verkuil@cisco.com>
 Date: Sat May 12 10:44:02 2018 -0400
 1 file changed, 16 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

Thank you.
Naresh Kamboju

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
  2019-05-20 13:56   ` Naresh Kamboju
@ 2019-05-28 10:16     ` Naresh Kamboju
  2019-05-28 11:57       ` Hans Verkuil
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Naresh Kamboju @ 2019-05-28 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: linux-media, open list, Sami Tolvanen, paul.kocialkowski,
	ezequiel, treding, niklas.soderlund+renesas, sakari.ailus,
	Hans Verkuil, mchehab, lkft-triage

Hi Hans,

On Mon, 20 May 2019 at 19:26, Naresh Kamboju <naresh.kamboju@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 19:08, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil-cisco@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >
> > On 5/13/19 3:32 PM, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> > > Do you see test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
> > > kernel branches ?
> >
> > Probably related to commit 8a7c5594c0202 (media: v4l2-ioctl: clear fields in s_parm).
>
> I have cherry-picked on stable rc 4.9 branch and tested and test got
> PASS on x86_64.

I have cherry-picked for stable -rc 4.14 and 4.9 and test got PASS.

do you want to queue this for stable rc 4.14 and 4.9 ?

I have tested for 4.4 with patch applied but failed with below error.

test VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT/FRAMESIZES/FRAMEINTERVALS: OK
 warn: ../../../v4l-utils-1.16.0/utils/v4l2-compliance/v4l2-test-formats.cpp(1237):
S_PARM is supported but doesn't report V4L2_CAP_TIMEPERFRAME
 fail: ../../../v4l-utils-1.16.0/utils/v4l2-compliance/v4l2-test-formats.cpp(1139):
node->has_frmintervals && !cap->capability
test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL

4.4 - failed log
https://lkft.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/746548#L1678

ref:
4.14 pass log,
https://lkft.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/739126#L1843

4.9 pass log,
https://lkft.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/736243#L1744

- Naresh

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
  2019-05-28 10:16     ` Naresh Kamboju
@ 2019-05-28 11:57       ` Hans Verkuil
  2019-05-28 12:23         ` Naresh Kamboju
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2019-05-28 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Naresh Kamboju
  Cc: linux-media, open list, Sami Tolvanen, paul.kocialkowski,
	ezequiel, treding, niklas.soderlund+renesas, sakari.ailus,
	Hans Verkuil, mchehab, lkft-triage

On 5/28/19 12:16 PM, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> Hi Hans,
> 
> On Mon, 20 May 2019 at 19:26, Naresh Kamboju <naresh.kamboju@linaro.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 19:08, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil-cisco@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 5/13/19 3:32 PM, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
>>>> Do you see test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
>>>> kernel branches ?
>>>
>>> Probably related to commit 8a7c5594c0202 (media: v4l2-ioctl: clear fields in s_parm).
>>
>> I have cherry-picked on stable rc 4.9 branch and tested and test got
>> PASS on x86_64.
> 
> I have cherry-picked for stable -rc 4.14 and 4.9 and test got PASS.

Just to be clear: you cherry-picked commit 8a7c5594c0202 (media: v4l2-ioctl: clear
fields in s_parm) for both 4.9 and 4.14, right?

If so, feel free to post that patch to the stable mailinglist for those kernels.
Make sure you CC me when you do that.

> 
> do you want to queue this for stable rc 4.14 and 4.9 ?
> 
> I have tested for 4.4 with patch applied but failed with below error.
> 
> test VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT/FRAMESIZES/FRAMEINTERVALS: OK
>  warn: ../../../v4l-utils-1.16.0/utils/v4l2-compliance/v4l2-test-formats.cpp(1237):
> S_PARM is supported but doesn't report V4L2_CAP_TIMEPERFRAME
>  fail: ../../../v4l-utils-1.16.0/utils/v4l2-compliance/v4l2-test-formats.cpp(1139):
> node->has_frmintervals && !cap->capability
> test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL

You probably need commit f63998331935 ([media] vivid: set V4L2_CAP_TIMEPERFRAME)
and possibly commit 3f122df4a2ba (media: vivid: do not implement VIDIOC_S_PARM for output streams).

Regards,

	Hans

> 
> 4.4 - failed log
> https://lkft.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/746548#L1678
> 
> ref:
> 4.14 pass log,
> https://lkft.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/739126#L1843
> 
> 4.9 pass log,
> https://lkft.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/736243#L1744
> 
> - Naresh
> 


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
  2019-05-28 11:57       ` Hans Verkuil
@ 2019-05-28 12:23         ` Naresh Kamboju
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Naresh Kamboju @ 2019-05-28 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: linux-media, open list, Sami Tolvanen, paul.kocialkowski,
	ezequiel, treding, niklas.soderlund+renesas, sakari.ailus,
	Hans Verkuil, mchehab, lkft-triage

Hi Hans,

On Tue, 28 May 2019 at 17:27, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil-cisco@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >>>> Do you see test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4
> >>>> kernel branches ?
> >>>
> >>> Probably related to commit 8a7c5594c0202 (media: v4l2-ioctl: clear fields in s_parm).
> >>
> >> I have cherry-picked on stable rc 4.9 branch and tested and test got
> >> PASS on x86_64.
> >
> > I have cherry-picked for stable -rc 4.14 and 4.9 and test got PASS.
>
> Just to be clear: you cherry-picked commit 8a7c5594c0202 (media: v4l2-ioctl: clear
> fields in s_parm) for both 4.9 and 4.14, right?

Right.

>
> If so, feel free to post that patch to the stable mailinglist for those kernels.
> Make sure you CC me when you do that.

Alright I will do that.

> > do you want to queue this for stable rc 4.14 and 4.9 ?
> >
> > I have tested for 4.4 with patch applied but failed with below error.
> >
> > test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL
>
> You probably need commit f63998331935 ([media] vivid: set V4L2_CAP_TIMEPERFRAME)
> and possibly commit 3f122df4a2ba (media: vivid: do not implement VIDIOC_S_PARM for output streams).

Thanks for suggesting few more patches.
I will apply these patches and test.

- Naresh

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 6+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-05-13 13:32 test VIDIOC_G/S_PARM: FAIL on stable 4.14, 4.9 and 4.4 Naresh Kamboju
2019-05-13 13:38 ` Hans Verkuil
2019-05-20 13:56   ` Naresh Kamboju
2019-05-28 10:16     ` Naresh Kamboju
2019-05-28 11:57       ` Hans Verkuil
2019-05-28 12:23         ` Naresh Kamboju

Linux-Media Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media/0 linux-media/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-media linux-media/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media \
		linux-media@vger.kernel.org linux-media@archiver.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-media


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-media


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox