Linux-Media Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* TI Deserializer DT node configuration
@ 2019-11-26 15:55 Stuvart S
  2019-11-26 16:11 ` Baruch Siach
  2019-11-26 16:52 ` Vladimir Zapolskiy
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Stuvart S @ 2019-11-26 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hello team,

I am integrating DS90UB964 deserializer into my custom board based on
Rcar H3 Salvator XS. Deserializer is connected in i2c6.Also I have my
four serializers as DS90UB913 and cameras OV10635.

Can any one please help with the following?

How Deserializer connects to Serializer in DT node?I came accross
about the terms remote i2c, i2c-mux,i2c-atr.but I dont understand.I am
not using any i2c switches.
Any DT example is helpful for me

Regards
Stuvart

-- 
                        --- Come    Let's enjoy the world of Open Source  ---


Best regards,
Stuvart

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: TI Deserializer DT node configuration
  2019-11-26 15:55 TI Deserializer DT node configuration Stuvart S
@ 2019-11-26 16:11 ` Baruch Siach
  2019-11-26 16:17   ` Stuvart S
  2019-11-26 16:52 ` Vladimir Zapolskiy
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Baruch Siach @ 2019-11-26 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stuvart S; +Cc: linux-media

Hi Stuvart,

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 09:25:48PM +0530, Stuvart S wrote:
> I am integrating DS90UB964 deserializer into my custom board based on
> Rcar H3 Salvator XS. Deserializer is connected in i2c6.Also I have my
> four serializers as DS90UB913 and cameras OV10635.
> 
> Can any one please help with the following?
> 
> How Deserializer connects to Serializer in DT node?I came accross
> about the terms remote i2c, i2c-mux,i2c-atr.but I dont understand.I am
> not using any i2c switches.
> Any DT example is helpful for me

You might find this Luca Ceresoli ELCE talk interesting:

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hLv6fYAW-E

Slides: https://elinux.org/images/f/fc/Ceresoli-elce2019-video-serdes-linux.pdf

baruch

-- 
     http://baruch.siach.name/blog/                  ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
=}------------------------------------------------ooO--U--Ooo------------{=
   - baruch@tkos.co.il - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: TI Deserializer DT node configuration
  2019-11-26 16:11 ` Baruch Siach
@ 2019-11-26 16:17   ` Stuvart S
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Stuvart S @ 2019-11-26 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Baruch Siach; +Cc: linux-media

Thank you Baruch for the quick response. I will check it out definitely

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 at 21:41, Baruch Siach <baruch@tkos.co.il> wrote:
>
> Hi Stuvart,
>
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 09:25:48PM +0530, Stuvart S wrote:
> > I am integrating DS90UB964 deserializer into my custom board based on
> > Rcar H3 Salvator XS. Deserializer is connected in i2c6.Also I have my
> > four serializers as DS90UB913 and cameras OV10635.
> >
> > Can any one please help with the following?
> >
> > How Deserializer connects to Serializer in DT node?I came accross
> > about the terms remote i2c, i2c-mux,i2c-atr.but I dont understand.I am
> > not using any i2c switches.
> > Any DT example is helpful for me
>
> You might find this Luca Ceresoli ELCE talk interesting:
>
>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hLv6fYAW-E
>
> Slides: https://elinux.org/images/f/fc/Ceresoli-elce2019-video-serdes-linux.pdf
>
> baruch
>
> --
>      http://baruch.siach.name/blog/                  ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
> =}------------------------------------------------ooO--U--Ooo------------{=
>    - baruch@tkos.co.il - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -



-- 
                        --- Come    Let's enjoy the world of Open Source  ---


Best regards,
Stuvart

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: TI Deserializer DT node configuration
  2019-11-26 15:55 TI Deserializer DT node configuration Stuvart S
  2019-11-26 16:11 ` Baruch Siach
@ 2019-11-26 16:52 ` Vladimir Zapolskiy
  2019-11-26 17:34   ` Stuvart S
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Vladimir Zapolskiy @ 2019-11-26 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stuvart S; +Cc: linux-media

Hello Stuvart,

On 11/26/19 5:55 PM, Stuvart S wrote:
> Hello team,
> 
> I am integrating DS90UB964 deserializer into my custom board based on
> Rcar H3 Salvator XS. Deserializer is connected in i2c6.Also I have my
> four serializers as DS90UB913 and cameras OV10635.
> 
> Can any one please help with the following?
> 
> How Deserializer connects to Serializer in DT node?I came accross
> about the terms remote i2c, i2c-mux,i2c-atr.but I dont understand.I am
> not using any i2c switches.
> Any DT example is helpful for me
> 

once in the past I've shared the essential part of my device drivers
and the device tree configuration of connecting a serializer/deserializer
to a display panel [1][2]. Unfortunately for dealing with camera sensors
there should be one more device driver present, and MIPI CSI-2 controllers
are very specific to particular deserializer/serializer ICs.

Both TI DS90UB964 and DS90UB913 are supported in my driver suite,
however your hardware configuration may require some adjustments, also
note that my selected approach is different from Luca's one, and to my
knowledge anyone's published work is still under development.

I feel I have to find more time and complete the driver series,
the precondition is quite difficult though...

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/f0a52a64-a7e7-b266-a402-1279036fad36@mleia.com/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20181012060314.GU4939@dell/T/#mead5ea226550b6f0

Slides for introduction into the patch series:

* https://schd.ws/hosted_files/ossalsjp18/8a/vzapolskiy_als2018.pdf
* https://events19.linuxfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Vladimir_Zapolskiy_Bridging.pdf

Hope it helps.

--
Best wishes,
Vladimir

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: TI Deserializer DT node configuration
  2019-11-26 16:52 ` Vladimir Zapolskiy
@ 2019-11-26 17:34   ` Stuvart S
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Stuvart S @ 2019-11-26 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Zapolskiy; +Cc: linux-media

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for the information. I will check the links shared.

> Unfortunately for dealing with camera sensors there should be one more device driver present

sure,I am using OV10635 as my sensor.I think the info provided will
help me as it is something hard to get in touch with the remote I2C
part and its DT configuration according to me

I will try it and and will revert back soon

Regards
Stuvart

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 at 22:22, Vladimir Zapolskiy <vz@mleia.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Stuvart,
>
> On 11/26/19 5:55 PM, Stuvart S wrote:
> > Hello team,
> >
> > I am integrating DS90UB964 deserializer into my custom board based on
> > Rcar H3 Salvator XS. Deserializer is connected in i2c6.Also I have my
> > four serializers as DS90UB913 and cameras OV10635.
> >
> > Can any one please help with the following?
> >
> > How Deserializer connects to Serializer in DT node?I came accross
> > about the terms remote i2c, i2c-mux,i2c-atr.but I dont understand.I am
> > not using any i2c switches.
> > Any DT example is helpful for me
> >
>
> once in the past I've shared the essential part of my device drivers
> and the device tree configuration of connecting a serializer/deserializer
> to a display panel [1][2]. Unfortunately for dealing with camera sensors
> there should be one more device driver present, and MIPI CSI-2 controllers
> are very specific to particular deserializer/serializer ICs.
>
> Both TI DS90UB964 and DS90UB913 are supported in my driver suite,
> however your hardware configuration may require some adjustments, also
> note that my selected approach is different from Luca's one, and to my
> knowledge anyone's published work is still under development.
>
> I feel I have to find more time and complete the driver series,
> the precondition is quite difficult though...
>
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/f0a52a64-a7e7-b266-a402-1279036fad36@mleia.com/
> [2] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20181012060314.GU4939@dell/T/#mead5ea226550b6f0
>
> Slides for introduction into the patch series:
>
> * https://schd.ws/hosted_files/ossalsjp18/8a/vzapolskiy_als2018.pdf
> * https://events19.linuxfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Vladimir_Zapolskiy_Bridging.pdf
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> --
> Best wishes,
> Vladimir



-- 
                        --- Come    Let's enjoy the world of Open Source  ---


Best regards,
Stuvart

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-11-26 15:55 TI Deserializer DT node configuration Stuvart S
2019-11-26 16:11 ` Baruch Siach
2019-11-26 16:17   ` Stuvart S
2019-11-26 16:52 ` Vladimir Zapolskiy
2019-11-26 17:34   ` Stuvart S

Linux-Media Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media/0 linux-media/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-media linux-media/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media \
		linux-media@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-media

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-media


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git