From: Adam Ford <aford173@gmail.com>
To: Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas@ndufresne.ca>
Cc: "jernej.skrabec" <jernej.skrabec@gmail.com>,
	linux-media <linux-media@vger.kernel.org>,
	kernel <kernel@collabora.com>, Chris Healy <cphealy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: hantro: g2: Does the postprocessor needs 32byte aligned width ?
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 14:32:56 -0600	[thread overview]

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 7:39 AM Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas@ndufresne.ca> wrote:

> Le mercredi 02 février 2022 à 05:01 -0600, Adam Ford a écrit :

> > > Sounds good.  I have a few tasks to do before I can get back to this,
> > > but I'll try to do it later today or tonight.
> >
> > From what I can see, the HDMI driver for the imx8mq isn't available in
> > the kernel, so I cannot get video.  The NXP branch which has video
> > doesn't have the hantro drivers in question, so this isn't going to be
> > an easy task, because I cannot get video out of the imx8mq right now.
> >
> > On the i.MX8M Mini, it's missing the DSI driver which is the only
> > video output supported by the Mini, so I can't get video out of it
> > either.  The NXP branch has the same limitations.
> >
> > I could potentially attempt to run the video through the decoder and
> > then video convert to some still images or a different video format to
> > playback or review on a different device.  Let me know your thoughts
> > on that.  i am downloading the Dua Lipa video now, so I could
> > potentially try something when its finished.
>
> Ok, that would be best you can try indeed, normally running few frames through
> software converter and recording as mjpeg could work to reproduce this. Thanks a
> lot of this and sorry for the difficulty, let's hope the display driver
> situation on these boards get better soon.

I ran about 15 seconds of the video through the decoder, then encoded
it with the JPEG encoder into an avi.

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/dl.webm ! parsebin ! v4l2slvp9dec !
videoconvert ! jpegenc ! avimux ! filesink location=mjpeg.avi

I can send you the AVI if you like, but the output image looked good
to me when I played it back on my desktop computer.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need me to do.

thanks,

adam