From: Tomasz Borowczyk <tomboro88@gmail.com>
To: linux-media@vger.kernel.org
Subject: cx231xx with 3 grabbers
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 00:18:31 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello linux-media.

I use cx231xx driver with my August Vgb100 USB video grabber. It works
great. It automatically detects my device and I can watch the video
from analog camera on my Raspberry Pi, and I am very happy about how
it works.

But there is a catch. I want to connect 3 such cameras to my Raspberry
Pi. When there are connected 2 of them, I can watch video from both of
them without problems. When there are connected 3 adapters, I can
watch the video from all three cameras, but the picture from one of
them is flickering and blurring between blue screen and the correct
data. And no matter in what order I connect them to the Raspberry, the
problem exists always on the same adapter.
The same problem exists when I connect the cameras to my laptop
running Raspbian desktop.
This could suggest that the one adapter is a little defective, but it
works okay when there are connected only two adapters, or when it is
the only connected. Also when I disconnect it and connect again to USB
port, I can see correct image. But when I start to play picture from
another camera, and then go back to the "defective" one, it flickers
again. How can I find the reason of the problem?

Best regards,
Tomasz