* Keymap with duplicate entries
@ 2019-07-01 16:38 Bastien Nocera
From: Bastien Nocera @ 2019-07-01 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wangyounian; +Cc: linux-media, Sean Young

Hey Younian,

There seems to be a problem in  the keymap you provided for inclusion
in the kernel.

In drivers/media/rc/keymaps/rc-hisi-poplar.c, 2 keys are triggered by
the same keycode:
 27 ↦       { 0x0000b2c5, KEY_DELETE},•
 34 ↦       { 0x0000b2c5, KEY_BACK},•

Could you please check what the correct values are for both of those
keys?

Thanks!

* Re: Keymap with duplicate entries
@ 2019-07-03 20:41     ` Malcolm Priestley
From: Malcolm Priestley @ 2019-07-03 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Young; +Cc: Bastien Nocera, linux-media

> On Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 11:29:58PM +0100, Malcolm Priestley wrote:
>>> Hey Malcolm,
>>>
>>> There seems to be a problem in  the keymap you provided for inclusion
>>> in the kernel.
>>>
>>> In media/rc/keymaps/rc-it913x-v2.c, 2 keys are triggered by the same
>>> keycode:
>>>  53 ↦       { 0x866b18, KEY_VOLUMEDOWN },•
>>>  55 ↦       { 0x866b18, KEY_CHANNELDOWN },•
>> Hmm
>>
>> I don't have this remote only the first one in this file.
>>
>> I am pretty sure the values for the second type were forwarded to me by another user.
>
> I'm pretty sure (although I have not tested this) that the second mapping
> will overwite the first, so after the keymap is loaded 0x866b18 will be
> mapped to KEY_CHANNELDOWN.
It just finds the first magic number from the scan so KEY_VOLUMEDOWN is hit first

> The current toml isn't loaded able but the kernel will set the initial
> keymap.
>
> So, do current kernels work correctly with the remote you have?

Yes, it does

I will dig deep in the mailing list but these are cheap bubble button remotes I got a feeling there was a comment at the time that two buttons were the same scan.

Regards

Malcolm

* Re: Keymap with duplicate entries
@ 2019-07-03  9:23   ` Sean Young
From: Sean Young @ 2019-07-03  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Malcolm Priestley; +Cc: Bastien Nocera, linux-media

On Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 11:29:58PM +0100, Malcolm Priestley wrote:
> > Hey Malcolm,
> >
> > There seems to be a problem in  the keymap you provided for inclusion
> > in the kernel.
> >
> > In media/rc/keymaps/rc-it913x-v2.c, 2 keys are triggered by the same
> > keycode:
> >  53 ↦       { 0x866b18, KEY_VOLUMEDOWN },•
> >  55 ↦       { 0x866b18, KEY_CHANNELDOWN },•
> Hmm
>
> I don't have this remote only the first one in this file.
>
> I am pretty sure the values for the second type were forwarded to me by another user.

I'm pretty sure (although I have not tested this) that the second mapping
will overwite the first, so after the keymap is loaded 0x866b18 will be
mapped to KEY_CHANNELDOWN.

The current toml isn't loaded able but the kernel will set the initial
keymap.

So, do current kernels work correctly with the remote you have?

Thanks,

Sean

* Re: Keymap with duplicate entries
@ 2019-07-02 22:29 ` Malcolm Priestley
From: Malcolm Priestley @ 2019-07-02 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Nocera; +Cc: linux-media, Sean Young

@ 2019-07-01 16:42 ` Bastien Nocera
From: Bastien Nocera @ 2019-07-01 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aet; +Cc: linux-media, Sean Young

On Mon, 2019-07-01 at 18:38 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Hey Aapo,
>
> There seems to be a problem in  the keymap you provided for inclusion
> in the kernel.
>
> In drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/m920x.c, 2 keys are triggered by the
> same
> keycode:
>  790 ↦       { 0x08, KEY_SUBTITLE },•
>  794 ↦       { 0x08, KEY_VIDEO },↦   ↦       /* A/V */•
>
> Could you please check what the correct values are for both of those
> keys?

Apparently Aapo's address bounced hard. If someone knows how to contact
them.

Cheers