linux-mips.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: MIPS Cache Coherency Issue
       [not found] <MWHPR2201MB1119058430642AC300B621ACB8DA0@MWHPR2201MB1119.namprd22.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2019-08-05 21:13 ` Chris Packham
       [not found]   ` <MWHPR2201MB1119ECD5E55C8E1A9CFD3942B8D50@MWHPR2201MB1119.namprd22.prod.outlook.com>
From: Chris Packham @ 2019-08-05 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tjin; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-mips

On Mon, 2019-08-05 at 14:02 +0000, Tommy Jin wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> My name is Tommy, from wave computing Co,Ltd, our team is working on
> the maintenance of the MIPS kernel.
>
> You raised a MIPS cache coherency patch which can be found in the
> following links
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mips/20190528221255.22460-1-chris.packh
> am@alliedtelesis.co.nz/T/#u
>
> With Paul's patch, It seems you still get "other bad behaviour", it
> doesn't work for you. Has this issue been resolved?

In short no it hasn't been resolved. I haven't been able to spend much
time looking at the issue(s) so I haven't been able to tell if Paul's
patch uncovered pre-existing issues or caused new ones.

Unfortunately I probably won't get onto it any time soon. I was hoping
to get some of my other team members to pick up the issue but they're
all busy as well.

* Re: [EXTERNAL]Re: MIPS Cache Coherency Issue
       [not found]   ` <MWHPR2201MB1119ECD5E55C8E1A9CFD3942B8D50@MWHPR2201MB1119.namprd22.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2019-08-09  4:26     ` Chris Packham
From: Chris Packham @ 2019-08-09  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tjin; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-mips

On Tue, 2019-08-06 at 01:43 +0000, Tommy Jin wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> If you're busy with other things, maybe I can give you a hand, so how
> can I replicate this issue locally?

Thanks for the offer but I'm not sure you'll be able to do much without
our specific hardware.

> From your log, I can get the following information, please correct me
> if I miss anything.
> kernel version: 5.1.0

That's what I was using at the time. I imagine 5.2 or 5.3 would behave
the same.

> hardware platform: broadcom BMIPS4350

The specific SoC is BCM6818GR which I believe is the same core as the
BMIPS4355.

> I probably couldn't get a broadcom BMIPS4350, is there any simulator
> for this board(e.g. QEMU)?

Yeah it's a pretty old chip. I'm not aware of any QEMU support, but I
haven't looked.