On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 10:31:58AM +0100, Jan Glauber wrote: > It was reported that ipmi_ssif fails to create the > ipmi device on some systems if the adapter class is not containing > I2C_CLASS_HWMON. Fix it by setting the class. > > Reported-by: Vadim Lomovtsev > Signed-off-by: Jan Glauber The intention of adapter classes is to *limit* probing to a certain class of devices. If a class is needed to *enable* probing, then something there looks wrong. From the details given, this must be solved elsewhere I'd say.