On 2019-05-15, Christian Brauner wrote: > On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 04:00:20PM +0200, Yann Droneaud wrote: > > Would it be possible to create file descriptor with "restricted" > > operation ? > > > > - O_RDONLY: waiting for process completion allowed (for example) > > - O_WRONLY: sending process signal allowed > > Yes, something like this is likely going to be possible in the future. > We had discussion around this. But mapping this to O_RDONLY and O_WRONLY > is not the right model. It makes more sense to have specialized flags > that restrict actions. Not to mention that the O_* flags have silly values which we shouldn't replicate in new syscalls IMHO. -- Aleksa Sarai Senior Software Engineer (Containers) SUSE Linux GmbH