Linux-MIPS Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
From: WANG Xuerui <kernel@xen0n.name>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Cc: linux-mips@vger.kernel.org
Subject: DMI: support for non-EFI platforms with non-standard SMBIOS entrypoint?
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 14:55:18 +0800

Hi,

There are several MIPS platforms floating around with firmware SMBIOS
support, primarily Loongson 3-series, but their SMBIOS entrypoint is
non-standard.  According to the SMBIOS spec the non-EFI platforms should
have the tables in the 000F_0000h-000F_FFFFh physical range, however
these boards put the table at 0FFF_E000h.

How do we enable DMI for these non-EFI yet non-standard-compliant
systems without resorting to firmware fixing, which is not always
feasible?  It is possible to move the address definition to arch realm
with the standard value as default, but I would like to first ask for
suggestions, as I am fairly new to kernel development (personal hobby
for now).

Regards,

Xuerui