linux-mips.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
To: linux-mips@vger.kernel.org
Subject: MIPS Hardware support
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 15:49:10 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

we have 47 MIPS system types and I'd like to get an overview how alive
they really are. I've already grouped the 47 systems a little bit by
hardware I already own and regulary test kernels. Could you please
give me some feedback about the "unclassified" systems ? What systems
are supported by qemu (real test not just repeating qemu docs) ?
Thank you for your help.

Thomas.

Hardware I own and regulary boot current kernels:

Jazz family of machines (MACH_JAZZ)	/* runs with qemu */
SGI IP22 (Indy/Indigo2) (SGI_IP22)
SGI IP27 (Origin200/2000) (SGI_IP27)
SGI IP28 (Indigo2 R10k) (SGI_IP28)
SGI IP30 (Octane/Octane2) (SGI_IP30)
SGI IP32 (O2) (SGI_IP32)
SNI RM200/300/400 (SNI_RM)

Hardware I own, but not booted for a while:

Texas Instruments AR7 (AR7)
Cobalt Server (MIPS_COBALT)
DECstations (MACH_DECSTATION)
Lantiq based platforms (LANTIQ)
Ralink based machines (RALINK)
Sibyte BCM91480B-BigSur (SIBYTE_BIGSUR)

Unclassified:

Generic board-agnostic MIPS kernel (MIPS_GENERIC)
Alchemy processor based machines (MIPS_ALCHEMY)
Atheros AR231x/AR531x SoC support (ATH25)
Atheros AR71XX/AR724X/AR913X based boards (ATH79)
Broadcom Generic BMIPS kernel (BMIPS_GENERIC)
Broadcom BCM47XX based boards (BCM47XX)
Broadcom BCM63XX based boards (BCM63XX)
Ingenic SoC based machines (MACH_INGENIC)
LASAT Networks platforms (LASAT)
Loongson 32-bit family of machines (MACH_LOONGSON32)
Loongson-2E/F family of machines (MACH_LOONGSON2EF)
Loongson 64-bit family of machines (MACH_LOONGSON64)
IMG Pistachio SoC based boards (MACH_PISTACHIO)
MIPS Malta board (MIPS_MALTA)
Microchip PIC32 Family (MACH_PIC32)
NEC EMMA2RH Mark-eins board (NEC_MARKEINS)
NEC VR4100 series based machines (MACH_VR41XX)
NXP STB220 board (NXP_STB220)
NXP 225 board (NXP_STB225)
PMC-Sierra MSP chipsets (PMC_MSP)
Sibyte BCM91120C-CRhine (SIBYTE_CRHINE)
Sibyte BCM91120x-Carmel (SIBYTE_CARMEL)
Sibyte BCM91125C-CRhone (SIBYTE_CRHONE)
Sibyte BCM91125E-Rhone (SIBYTE_RHONE)
Sibyte BCM91250A-SWARM (SIBYTE_SWARM)
Sibyte BCM91250C2-LittleSur (SIBYTE_LITTLESUR)
Sibyte BCM91250E-Sentosa (SIBYTE_SENTOSA)
Toshiba TX39 series based machines (MACH_TX39XX)
Toshiba TX49 series based machines (MACH_TX49XX)
Mikrotik RB532 boards (MIKROTIK_RB532)
Cavium Networks Octeon SoC based boards (CAVIUM_OCTEON_SOC)
Netlogic XLR/XLS based systems (NLM_XLR_BOARD)
Netlogic XLP based systems (NLM_XLP_BOARD)
Para-Virtualized guest system (MIPS_PARAVIRT)

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]