linux-mips.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [BUG] Data Bus Erorr on Ubiquiti Networks - EdgeRouter™ Infinity
@ 2019-01-01  8:42 YunQiang Su
From: YunQiang Su @ 2019-01-01  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: steven.hill, david.daney; +Cc: linux-mips

I met a kernel problem for both 4.9 and 4.19 kernel

This error happens in pci/pcie-octeon.c, in function
   __cvmx_pcie_rc_initialize_gen2

ciu_soft_prst.u64 = cvmx_read_csr(CVMX_CIU_SOFT_PRST);

When disabble CONFIG_PCI, it won't meet this problem.

* Re: [BUG] Data Bus Erorr on Ubiquiti Networks - EdgeRouter™ Infinity
@ 2019-01-04 19:45 ` Aaro Koskinen
From: Aaro Koskinen @ 2019-01-04 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: YunQiang Su; +Cc: steven.hill, david.daney, linux-mips

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 01, 2019 at 04:42:03PM +0800, YunQiang Su wrote:
> I met a kernel problem for both 4.9 and 4.19 kernel
>
> This error happens in pci/pcie-octeon.c, in function
>    __cvmx_pcie_rc_initialize_gen2
>
> ciu_soft_prst.u64 = cvmx_read_csr(CVMX_CIU_SOFT_PRST);
>
> When disabble CONFIG_PCI, it won't meet this problem.

Is this CN78XX hardware? Also can you confirm the board does not have
any PCI Express (check U-Boot and vendor kernel logs)?

On EdgeRouter 4 (CN70XX) kernel misdetects PCIe ports, and there are
error logs and delays during this, but the board still boots up.

Probably nobody has any OCTEON III board with working PCIe running
mainline kernel, so we should just make the setup fail early.

A.

* Re: [BUG] Data Bus Erorr on Ubiquiti Networks - EdgeRouter™ Infinity
@ 2019-01-05  0:26   ` YunQiang Su
From: YunQiang Su @ 2019-01-05  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaro Koskinen; +Cc: steven.hill, david.daney, linux-mips

Aaro Koskinen <aaro.koskinen@iki.fi> 于2019年1月5日周六 上午3:45写道:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 01, 2019 at 04:42:03PM +0800, YunQiang Su wrote:
> > I met a kernel problem for both 4.9 and 4.19 kernel
> >
> > This error happens in pci/pcie-octeon.c, in function
> >    __cvmx_pcie_rc_initialize_gen2
> >
> > ciu_soft_prst.u64 = cvmx_read_csr(CVMX_CIU_SOFT_PRST);
> >
> > When disabble CONFIG_PCI, it won't meet this problem.
>
> Is this CN78XX hardware? Also can you confirm the board does not have
> any PCI Express (check U-Boot and vendor kernel logs)?

it is 7360, and its u-boot disables PCI host.

> On EdgeRouter 4 (CN70XX) kernel misdetects PCIe ports, and there are
> error logs and delays during this, but the board still boots up.
>
> Probably nobody has any OCTEON III board with working PCIe running
> mainline kernel, so we should just make the setup fail early.

Sure, we should make it fail early.