Le mardi 14 mars 2017 à 15:47 +0100, Benjamin Gaignard a écrit : > Should we use /devi/ion/$heap instead of /dev/ion_$heap ? > I think it would be easier for user to look into one directory rather > then in whole /dev to find the heaps > > > is that we don't have to worry about a limit of 32 possible > > heaps per system (32-bit heap id allocation field). But dealing > > with an ioctl seems easier than names. Userspace might be less > > likely to hardcode random id numbers vs. names as well. > > In the futur I think that heap type will be replaced by a "get caps" > ioctl which will > describe heap capabilities. At least that is my understanding of > kernel part > of "unix memory allocator" project I think what we really need from userspace point of view, is the ability to find a compatible heap for a set of drivers. And this without specific knowledge of the drivers. Nicolas