On Thu, Jun 01, 2017 at 12:04:02PM +1000, Balbir Singh wrote: > On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 3:53 AM, Jerome Glisse wrote: > > On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 11:55:12AM +1000, Balbir Singh wrote: > >> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 2:51 AM, Jerome Glisse wrote: > >> > Patchset is on top of mmotm mmotm-2017-05-18, git branch: > >> > > >> > https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~glisse/linux/log/?h=hmm-v22 > >> > > >> > Change since v21 is adding back special refcounting in put_page() to > >> > catch when a ZONE_DEVICE page is free (refcount going from 2 to 1 > >> > unlike regular page where a refcount of 0 means the page is free). > >> > See patch 8 of this serie for this refcounting. I did not use static > >> > keys because it kind of scares me to do that for an inline function. > >> > If people strongly feel about this i can try to make static key works > >> > here. Kirill will most likely want to review this. > >> > > >> > > >> > Everything else is the same. Below is the long description of what HMM > >> > is about and why. At the end of this email i describe briefly each patch > >> > and suggest reviewers for each of them. > >> > > >> > > >> > Heterogeneous Memory Management (HMM) (description and justification) > >> > > >> > >> Thanks for the patches! These patches are very helpful. There are a > >> few additional things we would need on top of this (once HMM the base > >> is merged) > >> > >> 1. Support for other architectures, we'd like to make sure we can get > >> this working for powerpc for example. As a first step we have > >> ZONE_DEVICE enablement patches, but I think we need some additional > >> patches for iomem space searching and memory hotplug, IIRC > >> 2. HMM-CDM and physical address based migration bits. In a recent RFC > >> we decided to try and use the HMM CDM route as a route to implementing > >> coherent device memory as a starting point. It would be nice to have > >> those patches on top of these once these make it to mm - > >> https://lwn.net/Articles/720380/ > >> > > > > I intend to post the updated HMM CDM patchset early next week. I am > > tie in couple internal backport but i should be able to resume work > > on that this week. > > > > Thanks, I am looking at the HMM CDM branch and trying to forward port > and see what the results look like on top of HMM-v23. Do we have a timeline > for the v23 merge? > So i am moving to new office and it has taken me more time than i thought to pack stuff. Attach is first step of CDM on top of lastest HMM. I hope to have more time tomorrow or next week to finish rebasing patches and to run some test with stolen ram as CDM memory. Jerome