Hi! > > > For architectures with CONFIG_ARCH_HAS_SET_ALIAS, pages can be unmapped > > > briefly on the directmap, even when CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC is not > > > configured. > > > So this changes kernel_map_pages and kernel_page_present to be defined when > > > CONFIG_ARCH_HAS_SET_ALIAS is defined as well. It also changes places > > > (page_alloc.c) where those functions are assumed to only be implemented when > > > CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC is defined. > > > > Which architectures are that? > > > > Should this be merged to the patch where HAS_SET_ALIAS is introduced? We > > don't want broken hibernation in between.... > Thanks for taking a look. It was added for x86 for patch 13 in this patchset and > there was interest expressed for adding for arm64. If you didn't get the whole > set and want to see let me know and I can send it. I googled in in the meantime. Anyway, if something is broken between patch 13 and 14, then they should be same patch. > > > -#ifdef CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC > > > extern bool _debug_pagealloc_enabled; > > > -extern void __kernel_map_pages(struct page *page, int numpages, int > > > enable); > > > > > > static inline bool debug_pagealloc_enabled(void) > > > { > > > - return _debug_pagealloc_enabled; > > > + return IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC) && _debug_pagealloc_enabled; > > > } > > > > This will break build AFAICT. _debug_pagealloc_enabled variable does > > not exist in !CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC case. > > > > Pavel > After adding in the CONFIG_ARCH_HAS_SET_ALIAS condition to the ifdefs in this > area it looked a little hard to read to me, so I moved debug_pagealloc_enabled > and extern bool _debug_pagealloc_enabled outside to make it easier. I think you > are right, the actual non-extern variable can not be there, but the reference > here gets optimized out in that case. > > Just double checked and it builds for both CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC=n and > CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC=y for me. Ok. Thanks, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html