On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 01:45:17PM +0300, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote: > It setups these parameters unconditionally. I need to revisit > this moment. Technically (if only I'm not missing something > obvious) we might have a race here with prctl setting up new > params, but this should be harmless since most of them (except > stack setup) are purely informative data. FTR, when I reviewed that usage, I noticed it was missing the synchronization. My understanding was that the mm_struct isn't yet shared at this moment. I can see some of the operations take place after flush_old_exec (where current->mm = mm_struct), so potentially it is shared since then. OTOH, I guess there aren't concurrent parties that could access the field at this stage of exec. My 2 cents, Michal