Hi. On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 06:52:08AM +0100, Richard Palethorpe wrote: > I don't think that is relevant as we get the memcg from objcg->memcg > which is set during reparenting. I suppose however, we can determine if > the objcg was reparented by inspecting memcg->objcg. +1 > If we just check use_hierarchy then objects directly charged to the > memcg where use_hierarchy=0 will not be uncharged. However, maybe it is > better to check if it was reparented and if use_hierarchy=0. I think (I had to make a table) the yielded condition would be: if ((memcg->use_hierarchy && reparented) || (!mem_cgroup_is_root(memcg) && !reparented)) __memcg_kmem_uncharge(memcg, nr_pages); (I admit it's not very readable.) Michal