Hi! > > Could you expand some more on why a strict exclusion is really > > necessary? I do understand that one might not want to have swap storage > > available all the time but considering that swapon is really a light > > operation so something like the following should be a reasonable > > workaround, no? > > swapon storage/file > > s2disk > > swapoff storage > > I'm certainly not a hibernation expert, but I'd guess this can also be > triggered by HW events, so from the kernel and not only from user space > where your workaround would apply. I should know about hibernation, and I'm not aware of any case where we do hibernation from kernel. Userspace should be always involved. Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek