Hello, I am currently setting up a new machine (since my old one broke down) and I ran into a lot of " Unable to allocate memory on node -1" warnings while using dm-crypt. I have attached as much of the full log as I could recover. The encrypted device is sitting on a RAID10 (software raid, Intel Rapid Storage). Kernel is 4.7.0rc6 as released. Steps to reproduce are: 1) cryptsetup -s 512 -d /dev/urandom -c aes-xts-plain64 open --type plain /dev/md126p5 test-device 2) dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mapper/test-device status=progress bs=512K While running, there are several allocation failure warnings issued to the log. Doing the same on the device w/o dm-crypt in-between does not cause any such warnings. The machine did not crash or hang but the OOM killer got involved. With that much of RAM and that very simple task, that should never have happened in the first place, imho. I tested all of this on a Fedora Rawhide Live Image as I currently still am in the process of setting the new machine up. Those images are available here to download: download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/Workstation/x86_64/iso/ The machine itself has 32 GiB of RAM (plenty), no swap (live image) and is a 6700k on a Z170 chipset. The kernel, like I said, is the default provided with the live image -- and in the version I tested, it was the released 4.7.0rc6. No other tasks were running, except for the usual. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. Also, since I am not subscribed to the lists right now (I have to make due with a crappy WebMail interface until everything is setup), please cc' me accordingly. Thanks a lot. With Kind Regards from Germany, Matthias -- Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Matthias Dahl | Software Engineer | binary-island.eu services: custom software [desktop, mobile, web], server administration